The next generation of optical measuring is white/blue light scanning, which provides higher resolution and better tolerances than laser scanning, with tolerances comparable to traditional CMM. For legacy turbine engines still in service, optical measurement provides the optimal way to recreate models and drawings that may no longer exist or be supported. Optical measurement also provides a resource for capturing “as made” manufactured parts. Data can then be compared to the original CAD model and any non-conformances identified.
- Data Acquisition: A physical part is scanned to acquire its surface topography. The output of the scanned part is a point cloud data set containing millions of points.
- Rendering: The point cloud data set is then imported into our Geomagic software, where a polygonized data set, containing millions of tiny facets, is created. This is what is known as a polygonized body to which NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines) surfaces are added.
- Analysis: The resultant 3D model geometry can then be imported into any CAD, CAM and FEA Software.
Services for optical measurement and data analysis:
- White / Blue light scanning
- Rapid prototyping
- Retrofit/Remanufacture analysis
- Tolerance expansion
- Laser Scan or CMM data analysis
- Statistical data analysis
- First article inspection
- Product database management