Project Management Roles
- Create bill of material (BOM) and place purchase orders for parts.
- Interface with vendors – help obtain quotes, purchase requisitions, and write and track purchase orders to ensure delivery.
- Provide periodic updates to the team leader highlighting accomplishments, progress, technical issues and roadblocks.
- Update supplier progress charts weekly or daily to incorporate vendor information.
- Travel to suppliers to provide on-site support, hardware status and review progress on parts and processes.
- Integrate multi-discipline requirements including Aero, Structures, Design, Drafting, Manufacturing & Procurement, etc.
Development Project Support
- Develop detailed schedule which integrates multidiscipline requirements including Design, Structures, and Procurement.
- Own and perform all required Design and Manufacturing Reviews.
- Drive design and engineering changes to approval.
- Lead meetings, record meeting minutes/action items and drive action items to closure.
- Offer cost saving ideas and lead low cost initiatives to keep the project within or under budget.
- Navigate project tasks through validation gates and approvals required for completion or implementation.
- Establish test plans and coordinate lab and materials testing such as metallurgy, chemical analysis, and white/blue light scanning.
- Track developmental hardware through the appropriate approval processes required for production.
- Communicate with customer and vendors to update existing specifications and generate new criteria which incorporate the unique characteristics of product or process.
Quality and Process Engineering
- Support the evaluation process with vendors to control specific criteria on critical parts beyond material and dimensional confirmation.
- Drive new and revised quality initiatives associated with this new product.
- Review and assess invoices for acceptance based on the predefined criteria and ensure its compliance with relevant agreements.
- Engage and assist the material evaluation team to create testing plans, select viable enhancement options, and define the most efficient process.
- Provide recommendations for engine life predictions: mean time between removals on a fleet by fleet basis.
- Recommend components and/or piece parts for redesign or repair activity based on performance.
- Assist the cost management group by providing reliability statistics that sup-port business case analyses.
Root Cause and Solution Implementation
- Review available issue reports and historical documentation.
- Select and assemble the necessary discipline representation to provide relevant feedback and support during fault tree generation.
- Create cause and effect diagram to determine the potential causes and contributors of failure of an engine component.
- Define relevant action items to isolate and verify potential root cause and primary contributors.
- Work with various labs to define and execute lab work, including metallurgy, chemical analysis, fractography, flow testing, and white light scanning.
- Lead multidisciplinary investigation team to execute action items for evaluation of potential contributors to root cause.
- Develop a solution in conjunction with the technical team and present solution to upper management while identifying risks, implementation timeline and cost.
- Publish final reports in both customer and internal databases.
Supply Chain Management / Industrial Management
- Supplier Management in the U.S
- Industrial Management
- Manufacturing Engineering Expertise
- Increased Vendor / Supplier Communication
- Local Support in U.S.
- Supplier Visit Cost Reduction
- Increased Visibility with Vendor / Supplier
- Part Management Software, SAP etc.